- 1919 – The first mill specialized for grounding peppers “The first Horgos mill Aleksandar Vas” was founded, consisting of only 4 pairs of millstones and a low steam Locomobile motor.
- 1929 – The Trade and Industrial Chamber at Novi Sad invited two of the Horgos manufacturers of paprika to exhibit their products: “The First Horgos mill Aleksandar Vas” and “Denes brothers paprika mill”.
- 1947 – A company named “Industry for grinding and processing paprika, Horgos” was founded. The construction of the building for processing paprika starts.
- 1956 – The company’s Workers’ council decided on a new name of the company – VITAMIN.
- 1964 – Production of mild and hot paprika oleoresin (extract) begun.
- 1966 – As a result of intense, but several years long efforts of selectionists, the Federal Secretariat for Agriculture and Forestry in Belgrade decided to issue a Decision on the recognition of new cultivars of industrially produced paprika named “Horgos mild-1” (HS-1). This was the first new variety of paprika in Yugoslavia
- 1970 – Start of a new production line – packing some of the most popular tea blends.
- 1971 – Recognition of a new cultivar “Breaking mild – 1” (OS-1), the first cultivar for industrial production of paprika, with a stable feature of the light separation of stems from fruits – suitable for mechanized harvesting of industrially produced paprika.
- 1972 – Recognition of a new cultivar “Horgos mild – 2” (HS-2).
- 1973 – Recognition of a new cultivar “Horgos mild” (HSX-3), a strongly featured separation property and resistance to viral diseases.
- 1980 – Introduction of modern type of dryers “Proctor”.
- 1985 – Recognition of hot pepper cultivars, named “Sand thunder” (PG) and “Tisa”.
- 1990 – Purchase of a roto fluid granulator enabled the production of a significant range of granular products (paprika, onion… up to instant cocoa beverage “IN”).
- 2005 – Certification and implementation of ISO 9001/2000 i HACCP quality management system.
- 2013 – A new milling plant with a set of new equipment, based on the traditional way of grinding paprika by millstones began operations.
Products: Sweet Paprika – Red Sweet Ground Spice Pepper, Hot Paprika – Red Hot Ground Spice Pepper, Sudzuk Paprika – Crushed Hot Spice Pepper, Oleoresin Hot, Oleoresin Sweet, Horgos Spice seasoning, Soups: Horgos Chicken Soup, Horgos Beef Soup, Horgos Lenten Soup, Horgos Creamy Mushroom Soup, Horgos Creamy Tomato Soup, Poh! – Batter Mixture, Herbal Tea Blends, Classic Tea Blends, Cocoa powder
Production capacities: Paprika powder 100g 1200Kg/8h, Tea 20g boxes 80-100Kg/8h, Horgos spice seasoning 250g 1500Kg/8h, Poh! Batter mixture 1000Kg/8h, Soups 50g 500kg/8h, Cocoa powder 90g 900Kg/8h
Export markets: Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia, Macedonia, Germany
Standards and certifications: HACCP, FSSC 22000, ISO 9001
Prehrambena indistrija “VITAMIN d.o.o. HORGOŠ